Monday, June 05, 2006

It started with a railing…

My grandmother’s neighbor injured her knee and needs a railing to make it up her way- too-steep garage stairs. Two days ago I offered to help and while I was building it someone else in the neighborhood stopped by and asked if I could build them one. Today while building the second railing I was asked by another person to paint a room and fix a door handle. If I'm not careful I'm going to end up with a full time job as a handyman.

This part of Vermont has had some amount of rain fall for 24 out of the past 26 days. So when I saw there weren’t any clouds in the sky today I decided it would be a good time to try out the new hiking pack I bought over the weekend. After finishing the railing I went into the mountains. Even with a full pack I did 2000 vertical feet up and down in just over 4 hours which is pretty good since I haven’t hiked in months. My legs are going to be angry tomorrow that we already drained the hot tub for the summer.

Tomorrow looks like more working on Antarctic deployment paperwork and a little reading. Hopefully I will make it to one of the Burlington Jazz festival performances this week.

For now I am going to go take a shower.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grant Hutchins said...

Good! I was worried by the title that you'd been railed on by someone.

6/05/2006 11:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home