Monday, June 26, 2006

Rude Awakening/ magic VW smoke

Normally it would just be a figure of speach but today I actually was awakened by an ant crawling into my ear. It took me quite a while to get it out, stabbing it with a q-tip didn't work and eventually I had to wait patiently while it grew tired of made loud noises by walking across my eardrum and worked its way back to the surface. I felt no remorse for crushing it when it did finally come out. *disgusted shiver*

Right, so while I'm not getting insects out of my skull i've been working on getting my deployment paperwork ready for Antarctica, working on my beloved, but still moody air-cooled VW beetle and catching up on my reading.

Someone posted a comment on my last post about internet "on the ice." The NSF still warns the connection is primarily for uploading scientific data but I should be able to push some bytes back and forth periodically. I even hear McMurdo station (aka. Mac-Town) recently had wireless installed in the coffee shop so I can have a Starbucks-like experience while I am drinking my hot fluids to thaw out.



I dug this picture out of the pre-deployment handbook of what our end of the internets will look like. Since I am a "general assistant" it may be my job at some point to go knock the icicles off.

I started writing a description of how my adventures with the VW have been going and the books I've been reading, but each is probably a post unto itself so I'm going to post those sepparately in the interest of your attention spans.

No Worries

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

At least it didn't die in your ear?

6/26/2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Is that supposed to be the silver lining?

6/26/2006 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Grant Hutchins said...

Uh oh, it looks like some snow got on that dish. Maybe they should clean it off!

6/26/2006 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger Mikell said...

EW EW EW ANT IN HEAD EW EW EW THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING

6/26/2006 06:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really gross dude. Thanks for sharing though.

6/27/2006 11:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home