Monday, July 10, 2006

Smart car in the US

While searching for a parking spot the other day I remembered the two-seat smart car that I first say in Italy back in 2000.

Americans finally can buy them since the Zero Air Pollution corp. (ZAP) now has government approval to bring them to the U.S. and make modifications to make them U.S. street legal.

The closest dealer to me is in New Hampshire but I don't think I will be buying one very soon for two reasons:
  1. Asking price is from $25,700 up to $31,000 if you want a convertable.
  2. ZAP corp. Also made the Mini-ATV my SCOPE team replaced nearly every component on.
I guess I'll just have to wait until early 2008 when SMART starts selling their cars here themselves for under $15k. Article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13593486/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home